5Dimes has been around for quite some time now and is known to many as one of the top betting sites in the US. It offers a unique variety of betting markets, reduced juice betting, and great odds.
As our 5Dimes review gets underway, we’re aiming to find out if they truly meet the high expectations and if they should be labeled a top choice for online sports bettors.
5Dimes Review 2020
- Withdrawal time – 24 hours – 7 days
- Restricted countries – UK, Russia, France, Portugal, Ukraine, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary
- Payment methods – Visa, MasterCard, bitcoin, Person to Person
- Features – Sportsbook, Casino, Poker
- Support – Phone, email, live chat
- Best for – Sports betting
- Bonuses – Match bonus, reload bonus, free payout reward, cash back reward, reduced juice bonus, referral bonus, free deposit bonus, cash match bingo bonus, horse rebate
Going through the 5Dimes registration form is a real hell-on-earth experience. Setting up a password alone requires numbers, letters, special characters, and the blood of a virgin (the last one is optional).
Then, I had this error message pop up a couple of times stating that my info matches that of another account, or that there was an error verifying my email, so I got to enjoy the registration rollercoaster again and again, and again — what more do you want from me — birth certificate, drivers license, my electricity bill for the last five years?
Why should it take me half an hour and a severe headache just to create my account? No one has the time to spare, people will just go to another sportsbook. Registration should be smooth, easy, and with a couple of clicks, the way Nitrogen Sports have it. You can leave the personal info part for whenever the account holder wants to withdraw.
Nothing too fancy here. You may even say the design is rather plain and lackluster and I won’t argue with you on that. Seems like 5Dimes doesn’t give a dime about staying in touch with the modern-day staples of betting sites — pleasant visuals and intuitive UI.
This is a shame, especially with the company priding itself as a top player in the betting industry. Hopefully, they will realize the need for a redesign sooner rather than later.
- An abundance of betting markets
- Lots of bonuses and rewards (reduced juices)
- Variety of betting odds
- 24/7 support
- Fast withdrawals
- Reputable history
- Lackluster interface
- Hellish registration form
- Some country restrictions
While there is an emphasis on US sports like NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NCAA football, you can also find a wide selection of international markets. 5Dimes sports betting is generally known for its splendid variety of markets and high odds.
These include, but are not limited to, MMA, tennis, soccer, rugby golf, boxing, cricket, snooker, volleyball, motor racing, eSports, pro wrestling. You can even find betting options like competitive eating, and politics.
The 5Dimes Racebook further lets you bet on horse and greyhound racing.
Speaking about 5Dimes odds – they really are worth your while. Teasers, parlays, futures, straight wagers, if bets, reverse bets, Asian handicaps, pleasers, round-robins, and action reverses are all featured.
The most talked-about feature is probably their reduced juice betting. 5Dimes applies it for most of their sports including NBA, MLB, NFL, NCAA Football, NHL, MMA, PGA Golf, and more.
5Dimes divides its casino into 4 sections. It offers over 200 games and 90 unique slot games. These include baccarat, roulette, craps, and several blackjack games. You can also play the live versions of these games.
The 5Dimes casino is one of the oldest active operators in the US. A lot of players prefer it because of its quick withdrawals, a large number of games, and reliability. What’s really cool about it though is the first deposit bonus.
You can get a 50% match rate of up to $125. Remember, you need to deposit a minimum of $100 to apply for this bonus. It’s important to note that this will not happen by default. You must contact support via live chat, email, or telephone within 24 hours of your first deposit. If you don’t do this – you will not get your first deposit bonus.
Here are all the bonus amounts you can earn:
- Deposit $100 – $50 bonus
- Deposit $150 – $75 bonus
- Deposit $200 – $100 bonus
- Deposit $250 – $125 bonus
While the 5Dimes casino is a decent option, it’s not at the same level as the sportsbook. Sports betting is definitely what 5Dimes excels at.
You could say 5Dimes poker isn’t the main attraction for 5Dimes users and you would be right. Online poker was only added to the platform’s services a few years ago. Still, there are a couple of promotions to grab your attention. There’s a 27% rake back in the Shark Tank, which applies to your account every Wednesday.
In the Grand Poker Room, you have the Bad Beat Jackpot and Grand Poker Points. The way you accumulate the latter is that you get 250 GPP for every $1 in rake. You can then exchange these points for cash back (about 35% rake back).
Also, you do have quite a variety of online poker games – Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Low, Seven Card Stud. And there are more than 25 weekly tournaments, with the main attraction being the $15K Guaranteed Tournament every Sunday.
5Dimes Deposits & Withdrawals
The 5Dimes deposit methods include bitcoin, Visa, and MasterCard, as well as person to person. Bear in mind that deposits aren’t processed instantly. With bitcoin, you can expect your 5Dimes deposit to be valid in around half an hour.
Bitcoin, check, wire transfer, and person to person can be used for 5Dimes withdrawal. Bitcoin withdrawals usually take 24 hours, but you may receive your funds in just a couple of hours.
There are no fees associated with the number one cryptocurrency and ultimately 5Dimes bitcoin withdrawal is the biggest bargain in terms of no additional losses for fees, etc.
Cash-outs via checks take about a week to be processed and have a withdrawal fee of $40 or $80 depending on the amount.
The max withdrawal limit for each check is $7,500 and you can receive a free check once every 30 days if you request your withdrawal by 1 PM on Monday.
Person to person transfers require up to 48 hours to be processed. They have a maximum limit of $450 and come with a fee of $10 to $35 per transaction.
5Dimes payout via bank wire has a minimum amount of $1,000 and a maximum of $9,500.
The platform offers a rich array of rewards and bonus options. You have free payout rewards, reload bonuses, match bonuses, cash back rewards, as well as the well-known reduced juice betting. You are able to choose your bonus upon signing up for the site, but keep in mind that the default bonus is the reduced juice one.
Here’s a brief on what the 5Dimes promotions are all about:
- 50% Sports Bonus – If your first deposit is between $100 and $2,000 you get a 50% Sign Up Bonus for your new account. You must request your bonus within 24 hours of your deposit and it also comes with a 10x rollover requirement.
- 100% Cash Match Bingo Bonus – You can win a 100% Cash Match Bonus up to $100 on your first transfer from your main balance to your bingo balance. In addition, every single bingo card/ticket you purchase will give you points – which can be used later for big cash awards.
- 9% Horse Rebate – Grab up to 9% on your daily bets, be it wins or losses. With no minimum, nor maximum daily volume requirements.
- Refer a Friend – Referring a friend to join 5Dimes will grant you 20% of his initial deposit. The maximum payout you can get is $200 if your friend deposits $1,000.
- Reload Bonus – You can earn as much as $500 every time you reload your account. However, your reload deposit must be at least $100. For deposits of $249 or lower, the fixed bonus amount is $40, while all deposits of $250 and higher receive 20% of the deposit ($500 max). If you want to claim the maximum bonus of $500 you need to deposit $2,500.
- Cash Back on Losses – You can actually recoup some of your losses across the sportsbook, casino and racebook combined. You have three options for this deal and you can choose only one of them: 10% cash back – awarded on a weekly basis, every Tuesday; 15% cash back – awarded once every 30 days; 20% cash back – can be requested twice a year.
- Casino Rebate – Just like the cash back on losses, but solely for the casino. Here you have two options: 14% rebate – redeemable once a week, every Wednesday; 21% rebate – can be claimed once a month.
- Free Deposit Promotion – get this straight – your eight and ninth deposit in 5Dimes is completely covered by the company. To qualify, you must have made seven deposits and the deposit amount for each must be totally exhausted. 5Dimes calculates your bonus based on the sum of your first seven deposits and your losses. The maximum amount you can receive with this bonus is $5,000.
- Free Payout Promotion – Once a month you can get a free 5Dimes payout. Withdrawals fees are charged as regular, so the only method that can really guarantee you a free withdrawal with no fees is bitcoin.
- Reduced Juice Bonus – This is the default bonus set when you register an account and most people say it’s the best 5Dimes bonus. In short, the betting odds are lowered to -105, instead of the usual -110 juice, so you ultimately get an additional -5 off the juice, which is particularly beneficial for regular bettors.
The company has dedicated a lot of resources to customer support. There’s a 5Dimes phone number for all your needs, including new accounts, sports wagering, and horse wagering. And if phone calls are not your thing, there’s the 5Dimes live chat service, too. The platform further has email support you can reach via [email protected].
Ultimately, 5Dimes customer service does deliver in multiple aspects, trying to be as helpful to customers as possible, and on a 24/7 basis. In my case, I dropped them an email. A support representative replied within a few hours.
Initially, his response was that he wanted my support pin to assist me. After replying that he doesn’t need a pin to answer a few simple questions, he did return with an email with the information I required.
5Dimes is restricted in a few countries, including the United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, France, and Portugal.
It’s important to mention that while the platform is generally well-rated, there are some complaints, most notably on Reddit.
Gamble for Fun. Be Responsible
Gambling should always be responsible and fun. Please stop gambling, if you’re not having fun and if you’re starting to suffer physical and/or psychological damage as a result of it.
Apsportseditors.org does not promote or endorse any form of wagering or gambling to users under the age of 18. This site only encourages responsible gambling. If you believe you have a gambling problem, please visit BeGambleAware or GamCare for more information and professional help.
Q: Is 5Dimes reliable?
A: The platform has been operating for some time now and is generally considered to be reliable. The company offers fast withdrawals and 5Dimes lines for US players are among the best.
Q: Is 5Dimes illegal?
A: 5Dimes is not illegal. Even though the company is based in Costa Rica, it is a legal betting option for US players.
Q: Where is 5Dimes located?
A: Established in 1996, 5Dimes is an offshore sportsbook with headquarters in Costa Rica.
Q: How do I withdraw money from 5Dimes?
A: The 5Dimes payout department is open Monday through Sunday from 9 AM to 11 PM EST. You can request your withdrawal at any given time by calling the company’s toll-free number – 1-800-430-5896 – or dropping an email at [email protected]
5Dimes may be labeled among the most reputable online sportsbooks, but I can’t really say it’s among the best legal betting sites in the US.
The 5Dimes registration form is the thing nightmares are made of, and the 5Dimes main site is not something to praise either.
In conclusion to our 5Dimes review, here’s what you should know in a nutshell:
5Dimes live lines are worth following and the 5Dimes sportsbook is at an above-average level. The reduced juice is really a catch and some of the bonuses are very tempting. 5Dimes casino is a good place for gamblers, but their poker options can be improved.
Our final score: 6.8/10
We recommend this site to anyone who enjoys sports betting with loads of bonuses.